Friday, January 21, 2011

The Man Behind The Photographer


Today is my 11th wedding anniversary. I mention this because my trusty assistant, grip, stand-in, and all time cheerleader on this self-funded project, is my wonderful husband, Bill.   


I could never do this project without him.  Not only do I rely on his physical support but all the incredible emotional support he has given me to continue to work on this very personal project.  He was there the moment the idea popped into my head to do this project and been there on every step of this journey. As evidence shows below!


He schleps gear everywhere with me, stands in front of blazing lights, in sweltering heat, freezing temperatures, or in cold water.  He drags 100 feet extension cords to dark, unsightly locations late into the night, and waits with me when I’m working late. He'll hold lights for  me while all the blood drains from his arm and arise at the crack of dawn to accompany me on a shoot.  He’ll sit in for any subject on any location and does it all with love and a few grunts, but mainly love. He brings me water and snacks and makes sure I don't tweak my back, although he has many times lugging gear. 






He has been there from the beginning, he is my best friend and I love him with all my guts and I couldn’t do this project without him.   


 Happy Anniversary, my Scoop. I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment